Friday, March 27, 2015

The Laneway



It didn’t take me long to find a favorite cafe and conveniently, it happens to be just a few short blocks from the apartment. Not only does this place have the best coffee, but they also have the most incredible muffins. As in so incredible I have to stop myself from going by the cafe more than once a day. The struggle is very real.




See! These muffins even look delish. Plus, some of them have chocolate mixed in with the berries. I mean, I have to keep going back just to increase my odds of getting a chocolate one. Or so I keep telling myself.






The cafes here have been a really nice change from my Starbucks routine back home. Don't get me wrong, I'm still all about Starbucks, but there's just something about the cafes over here. Sydney does cafe breakfasts + coffee really well in general. As the barista from The Laneway put it: "Seattle does coffee really well and breakfast really well, but there aren't many places that do coffee and breakfast together very well." Turns out she was confused and had actually visited Portland instead of Seattle. Either way, I feel like it applies to Seattle as well. While I have many favorite coffee shops (outside of Starbucks) and restaurants in Seattle, Sydney cafes just feel different. It's hard to describe so just come and visit to see what I mean. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Those muffins look amazing!! Find out the recipe and send it to me, mmmk? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you got it! I'm on a mission now...I will get that recipe one way or another! :)

      Delete