Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Adventure: Sydney Fish Market



Ash, Anderson, and I have decided that we are going to spend our free Fridays doing something different and exciting every week. Hello, Friday Adventures! Being the end of the week, we felt like we could easily fall into a patten of lounging around the house doing much of nothing (which believe me, there is nothing wrong with that!). There is so much to see and do in Sydney though so we might as well take advantage. I feel like my time here is flying - I've been here a month and a half already (!!!) - so I need to use my time wisely. 

Today, we went to the Sydney Fish Market. This trip was partly for our weekly adventure and partly because Ash wanted to stock up on some salmon. Honestly, it wasn't high on my list of places to see in Sydney. Those who know me well know that I am not a seafood person. At all. I am learning though and can finally add salmon to the list of foods I like. That is progress, my friends. 



First stop was coffee, of course. Isn't this menu cool?! It shows what is in each type of drink. The picture doesn't show it very well, but the white parts of the cups say 'milk'. Pretty clever. 



The smells were overwhelming. Ugh. It grosses me out just thinking about it now! And the seafood on display was not helping convince me that seafood is in fact worth eating. Ewwww. 





While we waited for them to make our fish no longer look like a fish (no skin or bones and in fillets, thank you very much), we went outside. The smell was better and the view is prettier - the market sits on the water. It was overcast and dizzily, but again, this Seattle girl wasn't bothered. And Anderson spent most of his time looking up at the birds. Oh to be that easily entertained. ;) 




It was a good morning! While I can't say it's my favorite place in Sydney, it was worth the visit. Plus, we got some good salmon, which surprisingly, I'm excited to eat. Ash is a very good cook, which definitely helps! 

2 comments:

  1. This is HUGE progress my friend! I'm glad your pallet is expanding. Vegetable soup, salmon, eh are next? Kangaroo?! 😂 just kidding! Love the new Friday adventures series. Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true! I'm going to come home a different person...or at least a little more evolved ;) Jury is still out on kangaroo...Pete loves it, Ash hates it so I'm not sure what side to take. Can't wait to eat veggie soup and salmon with you when I get back! Love you and miss you lots!

      Delete